|by Wayne Dake, Special Events Coordinator
McCOOL JUNCTION, Neb. (July 22, 2008) -- Junction Motor Speedway salutes the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame at 7:00 PM this Saturday, July 26. A number of past Inductees from around the area have received a courtesy ticket to this weekends racing program which will feature NASCAR Late Models presented by NAPA Auto Parts, NASCAR Modifieds presented by Speedway Motors, NASCAR Stock Cars, NASCAR Hobby Stocks presented by The Lounge, JMS Cruisers and Holiday Inn Quad Rods. 2008 marks the 4th year Junction Motor Speedway has recognized past NARHoF Inductees for their efforts and motor sports achievements.
Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame, Inc. (NARHoF)
Nominees to the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame must have been a resident of the state for at least two years and must be retired for at least four years from the discipline they are being honored for. Active participants in the sport will be considered if they are at least 55 years of age and have been with the sport for at least 30 years. All candidates must have made positive contributions to the sport of auto racing on a local and regional level and go on to some national prominence. The purpose of the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame is to perpetuate the memory of these individuals who have brought lasting fame to the state of Nebraska through their efforts in auto racing.
Objectives and Purpose:
• To collect biographical information on current and/or past Nebraska residents who have been involved in auto racing. Involvement may include, but not limited to, drivers, car owners, car builders, mechanics, promoters, officials and media representatives.
• To perpetuate the memory of individuals who have brought lasting fame and positive recognition to the state of Nebraska through their achievements in the sport of auto racing.
• To select a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of eight (8) individuals annually, with a minimum of two deceased, who have made significant accomplishments in auto racing.
• To honor the individuals selected with and award and make the appropriate public recognition of their achievements at a location designated by the Board of Directors.
• To place on permanent public display a duplicate of the award presented to the individual, or a member of a deceased individuals family at a location designated by the Board of Directors.
• To engage in other activities related to the pursuit of selecting and honoring individuals for induction into the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame. Final selection of inductees will be the responsibility of the Board of Directors.
Anyone wishing to nominate a person to the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame can do so by mailing the person's name, with a list of their accomplishments to Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame, 5527 S. 20th St., Lincoln, NE 68512 Nominees may also be submitted by email
The 2008 Induction Ceremony will be held on October 3rd in Lincoln. For more information about the Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame please visit www.narhof.com
JMS gates open at 5:00 PM Adults: $8.00 Ages 6 to 12-$4.00 Ages 5 & under are Free. Racing starts at 7:00 PM